This weekend we are going swimming at our friend's house. We always have fun, but it's also always kind of stressful for me. Why?
- My pump isn't waterproof. So being around water is worrisome.
- The sun is hot. I worry about my insulin spoiling.
- Disconnecting to swim is dicey. Will I go high from no insulin, or low from the exercise of swimming?
- No CGM. Leaving my pump somewhere cool and safe while I swim means I don't have access to my CGM info.
- Body image, both diabetes and non-diabetes related. I have a tough enough time feeling confident in a bathing suit, but it feels even more stressful with sites and transmitters taped to my body and marks of the ones that came before.
So, how do you handle a day at the pool. Any tips or tricks you can share?